Walk For Life is an annual walkathon organized by CanSupport to raise awareness about rising incidence of cancer in India and to show solidarity with those suffering from cancer. Since 2008, the walk aims to create awareness around cancer and palliative care in the country. Along with this, it also aims to show solidarity with cancer patients and their care givers.
CanSupport’s ‘Walk for Life; Stride Against Cancer’ event has become a much talked about and awaited annual feature of the Delhi calendar.
Now in it’s 13th year, the walk aims to create awareness around cancer and palliative care in the country. Along with this, it also aims to show solidarity with cancer patients and their care givers.
People from all walks of life, representing different age groups and professions: students, executives, cancer survivors, medical professionals, caregivers, celebrities, bureaucrats, politicians, expatriates and diplomats, among others, walk or run together for one common cause to fight against cancer.
WALK WITH US
Let's Fight Cancer Together
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Register as an Individual and walk on your own!
- Run ahead of the walkers with a running club called “Running and Living”
- If you are a survivor, register for the ‘Lap of Honor’ and let the world see your courage and feel your hope. Please contact Chandamita Das at +91 +917827998780 / email@example.com or Ravi at at +91 +91 9899972272 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register as a Group with family, friends or colleagues and win attractive prizes as the largest group
- Participants can also register themselves in sub-categories of Cyclists / Skaters / Motor cyclists which may be specified in the registration form
- Largest Participating Group (Education)
- Largest Participating Group (Corporate)
- Highest Pledge Raiser (Institutional)
- Highest Pledge Raiser (Individual)
- Largest Volunteer Group
- Best Slogan ( Top 3 winners will get attractive prizes)
CanSupport runs India’s largest free home-based palliative care service provider and WHO awarded organization. We work with the mission to provide free palliative and supportive care services to cancer patients since 1996. Since its inception our teams have brought medical, emotional, social and spiritual care at the homes of people battling cancer. We now have 31 teams and currently look after 2600 patients at any time in Delhi, Haryana, UP and Punjab.
All our services are free of charge.